Pardon our dust during our re-vamp, and while you're here be sure to stop by the Faceless Fancy Page! The Etsy Shop and the Faceless Fancies Facebook are now live!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Nick Reviews 172 Hours on the Moon



172 Hours on the Moon
by Johan Harstad
Publisher: Little Brown Books
Release Date: April 7, 2012
Edition: Hardback 355 pgs (purchased)

Summary from GoodReads. . . .


 It's been decades since anyone set foot on the moon. Now three ordinary teenagers, the winners of NASA's unprecedented, worldwide lottery, are about to become the first young people in space--and change their lives forever.

Mia, from Norway, hopes this will be her punk band's ticket to fame and fortune.

Midori believes it's her way out of her restrained life in Japan.

Antoine, from France, just wants to get as far away from his ex-girlfriend as possible.

It's the opportunity of a lifetime, but little do the teenagers know that something sinister is waiting for them on the desolate surface of the moon. And in the black vacuum of space... no one is coming to save them.

In this chilling adventure set in the most brutal landscape known to man, highly acclaimed Norwegian novelist Johan Harstad creates a vivid and frightening world of possibilities we can only hope never come true. 



Likes:
There were so many things I love about this book. I love the flow of it. It was well written. I loved that the idea of the plot even though it was a little off-the-wall. It reminded me A LOT of the 1986 movie "Space Camp." The characters were well developed. I especially liked the main character Mia. The book had a very interesting twist of our nation's space history. I love books like this.

Dislikes:
THE ENDING! The book ended so terrible. It broke my heart on how bad this book ended. I also disliked NASA in this story. I let the silly plot point slide but there was one part of this book that I could not even believe NASA would suggest even doing. I mean, they are scientists. They SHOULD know their science. Atleast, I would think the author would have done some research on this particular topic.


Who would I recommend this to:
If you love science fiction or even have a slight intrest in the space program, this book is for you. I would just have to warn you about the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment